Error after export

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Hello,

I have an error after exporting the site with a cmp. The site has a different name.

The list elements that contains this query columns stay filled but the cascading columns (parent and children) are empty.

Moreover it is impossible to open column parent settings. i get this error :

La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.   à CoolStuffs.Sharepoint.CustomFields.CascadingDropDowns.FieldControllers.ParentDropDownListFieldEditControl.InitializeWithField(SPField field)
   à Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.FieldCustomizationPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   à Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.FieldEditPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   à System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   à System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

How can i do to avoid this error during a site export?

Thanks by advance for any idea.

Noche

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2009 at 6:37 AM
you'll have to edit the fields settings again and populate the SiteName reference with current Site. In Edit you'll find that the Site Name is still hardcoded with older Url

so if you made the field earlier in a site:
http://localhost:2341/

after migrating yo a new site, say http://localhost:4351, you still get older Url in SiteUrl custom property

you need to change this.
you can edit the code to take relative Urls if you know the reference would always be from the curernt site only.

2009/7/7 noche <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hello,

I have an error after exporting the site with a cmp. The site has a different name.

The list elements that contains this query columns stay filled but the cascading columns (parent and children) are empty.

Moreover it is impossible to open column parent settings. i get this error :

La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.   à CoolStuffs.Sharepoint.CustomFields.CascadingDropDowns.FieldControllers.ParentDropDownListFieldEditControl.InitializeWithField(SPField field)
   à Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.FieldCustomizationPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   à Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.FieldEditPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   à System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   à System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

How can i do to avoid this error during a site export?

Thanks by advance for any idea.

Noche

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CustomFieldControls@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email CustomFieldControls@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 30, 2010 at 3:59 PM

I know this is a little old, but I get the same error. When I try to import a site with Child-Parent dropdown site columns I get the same error.

Is there any way to solve the problem? I don't understand where you said you need to change the custom property.