Can we respect the required attribute?

Jun 30, 2009 at 7:40 AM

I'm using the parent-child fields.

One of the thing I would like to see is if the field is not required have the list display a (none) or a blank value.

Apr 26, 2010 at 6:17 PM
JMah wrote:

One of the thing I would like to see is if the field is not required have the list display a (none) or a blank value.

Was a solution ever posted for this question?  I am also wondering how you deal with this "NOT required" scenario as described by JMah.

Coordinator
Apr 26, 2010 at 6:21 PM
Its a simple thing. If you need something like ----none---- in your dropdown or listbox.
then simple: PUT IT IN YOUR CONTROL'S ITEM COLLECTION AS FIRST ITEM.
Would only need

1. adding an extra piece of listitem in your databound control like dropdown or listbox.
2. dumping the revised dll in GAC and performing iisreset.

On 26 April 2010 22:47, jriesen <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

JMah wrote:

Was a solution ever posted for this question?  I am also wondering how you deal with this "NOT required" scenario as described by JMah.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CustomFieldControls@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email CustomFieldControls@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com