query based on dynamic value

Apr 12, 2009 at 5:54 PM
Hi thanks for this code, Unfortunately im not a coder so my question migh be flawed. I was wondering is it posible to query based on a value in the requesting sharepoint list. similare to a Dataview webpart.

for instance From the Issues list i want to tell the lookup field to go to the "Tasks" list and pull info from the "status" column based on the "title" column where "Title" (iether) equals  "Workflow initiated:" [Title] (or use) contains [Ttitle]. Title being the title being pulled from the requesting list in this case the Issues list.

Im not really adept to much with queries or CAML but i wanted to ask if this was possilbe to do using a query before i started pursuing how to write the query. if its not possible in its current build would this be something a developer could add to this progect using the available source code?

Thanks again for you time

Eli
Apr 12, 2009 at 5:59 PM
[Quick Update] basically im looking for a solution where two columns from two different list share the same value (i.e. one syncs with the other) maybe theres already a solution out there?
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2009 at 5:45 AM
from what you said above, It can be done with the existing code itself. Of how to use the field can be found in documentation