Installation Failed

Dec 4, 2008 at 2:00 PM
I can't seem to install this control.  Here are the details of the Installation Failed.

***** SOLUTION DEPLOYMENT *****
***** ERROR *****
This solution contains resources scoped for a Web application and must be deployed to one or more Web applications.
CodePlex.SharePointInstaller.InstallException: This solution contains resources scoped for a Web application and must be deployed to one or more Web applications. ---> Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: This solution contains resources scoped for a Web application and must be deployed to one or more Web applications.
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionLanguagePack.CheckDeployParameters(Collection`1 collWebApps, Boolean globalInstallWPPackDlls, Boolean force)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionLanguagePack.CreateSolutionDeployTimerJob(DateTime dt, Collection`1 webApplications, SPSolutionDeploymentJobType jobType, Boolean globalInstallDlls, Boolean force)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolutionLanguagePack.Deploy(DateTime dt, Boolean globalInstallWPPackDlls, Boolean force)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPSolution.Deploy(DateTime dt, Boolean globalInstallWPPackDlls, Boolean force)
   at CodePlex.SharePointInstaller.InstallProcessControl.CreateDeploymentJobCommand.Execute()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at CodePlex.SharePointInstaller.InstallProcessControl.CreateDeploymentJobCommand.Execute()
   at CodePlex.SharePointInstaller.InstallProcessControl.TimerEventInstall(Object myObject, EventArgs myEventArgs)

What is the solution to the issue?
Dec 4, 2008 at 8:11 PM
I got the same error.
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2008 at 4:31 PM
try using the stsadm guy on the wsp. that sharepoint installer thing causes problems at times, i know
Dec 23, 2008 at 9:08 PM
And how do i do it?
Dec 23, 2008 at 9:17 PM
I found that this error occurs when there is a problem deploying the solution to the site. When this happens the solution is usually installed but just not deployed. To deploy it go into Central Administration/ Operation/ Solution Management and you should see "coolstuffs.sharepoint.customfields.wsp" is ready to deploy.