Cannot complete this action. Please try again.

Dec 2, 2008 at 2:12 PM
First of all nice tool. This I always been using.
In a new project I have a problem: First of all I couldn't install it with the setup. So i manually added it to sharePoint.

The second thing which driving me crazy is, that when i want to query a list in a subsite I always getting this error: 

Cannot complete this action. Please try again.

I could add the URL first e.g. http://myportal/subsite
Then when I selected a list, the error message came up and no columns for this library will be displayed.

Why does this happen??? Please help me its urgent.

greets
nadine
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2008 at 5:09 PM
simple,
because you are trying to fetch it from the subsite and its quite possible that the guy who is doing it (creating/editing fields)  doesn't have permission to get stuffs from subsite
might be that subsite doesn't inherit permissions from parent
Developer
Jan 15, 2009 at 9:09 AM
Is not working even if I'm a site collection administrator;
I was trying to fetch in a site a list from a parent site, but the subsite doesn't inherit permissions. I'll look into the code ...
Developer
Jan 15, 2009 at 10:32 AM
I found it :)

line 578
webAppNotFound = true;
must be in the catch below
this.txtSiteURL.Text = ex.Message;
Mar 10, 2009 at 5:23 PM
Edited Mar 10, 2009 at 6:06 PM
I am having the same issue ("Cannot complete this action. Please try again.") on a couple of sub-sites, albeit, not all. I have full rights to the sub-sites I am recieving this error on and am I site collection admin.

I don't understand TheDarkOne's post about the code - I checked the code and it is in there.

ADDED: I did some checking and the site that it works fine on is a "SharePoint Site" under the parent, and the site this does not work on is simply a "Site" (as listed in Site Content and Structure).
Developer
Mar 11, 2009 at 11:11 PM
@msauvageau

check here http://customfieldcontrols.codeplex.com/SourceControl/PatchList.aspx, patch 2355
May 20, 2009 at 4:54 PM

Hi,

I'm having the same trouble ... does the latest dowloadable install include TheDarkOne's patch»?

Coordinator
May 21, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Hi folks,

I am really busy, not touched this guy from a really really long time. I saw the patch list, but really really having bandwidth issue to take this up. You all are coders and must be understanding this

Jun 11, 2009 at 2:49 AM

Hiya Maiden, maybe you could add a few of these guys to the project to help you out ?