Support for Sharepoint Foundation 2010

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:39 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Is this project having support for Sharepoint foundation 2010?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I have to say that this solution, does support sharepoint foundation 2010 beta.

I had to use stsadm to deploy it. and there you have it

thanks a lot

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2010 at 7:02 PM
in SPS 2010:
1. the 12 structure remains same,
2. the folders remain same.
3. the ASCX locations remain same
4. the solution manifest remains same.
5. the CAML grammer remains same

And Also,
1. My solution doesn't involve any STP and bak files which are probably not supported and decommissioned by MS guys in 2010.

So i think, yeah....IT SHOULD WORK!!

On 24 March 2010 22:09, freddyccix <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Is this project having support for Sharepoint foundation 2010?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CustomFieldControls@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email CustomFieldControls@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Thanks man, It worked perfectly. And it save my life

do you know if there's going to be support for the final release of sharepoint foundation, with the beta version?

I think I saw an announcement somewhere, saying that It didn't.

do you now if the templates that I create in the beta version, can be applied in the final release?

Apr 2, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Hi,

Can you tell how did you install it in Sharepoint 2010. I'm getting an error tht WSS 3.0 is not installed. Can you pls help me out. Thank you.

Apr 2, 2010 at 7:31 PM
scvinod wrote:

Hi,

Can you tell how did you install it in Sharepoint 2010. I'm getting an error tht WSS 3.0 is not installed. Can you pls help me out. Thank you.

Sure, first, you don't have to use  the setup.exe file, 'cause it's just am automated shortcut  to deploy the solution assuming you are on a Wss 3.0/MOSS 2007 server.  All we need is the CoolStuffs.Sharepoint.CustomFields.wsp file that resides in the same folder. By the way you should copy to the clipboard the location of the file.

then you should run de new Sharepoint Administrative Console wich is a powershell instance pointing to the '14 hive'. You should find this console on Start>All Programs>Microsoft Sharepoint 2010 Products folder.

once there you should deploy manually the solution:

1. type:  stsadm -o addsolution -filename "The location of the wsp file\filename".
  2. type:  stsadm -o deploysolution -name "filename" -allowgacdeployment -local -url "http://servername:port"

so the first command just makes a copy of the file in the 14 hive ( I think ) so you should put the name of the address or location of the file and the name of the file itself. for example : C:\myfolder\anotherfolder\CoolStuffs.Sharepoint.CustomFields.wsp

the second command assigns (deploys) the solution to the site/s on the url variable. In the filename  placeholder you should put CoolStuffs.Sharepoint.CustomFields.wsp ( no address cause it's already in the hive) you should put the -local switch if it's the same machine.

And that is it. now try making a new column on a list and that is it. if there's a problem, just let us know.

Sep 8, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Ah doesnt appear to work with SP2010, at least for me. I click "load lists" and then select the list i want to use for the drop down and then i receive the following message:

Trying to use an SPWeb object that has been closed or disposed and is no longer valid.

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2011 at 9:15 PM
SP2010 IDisposable handling is way more sneaky then MOSS.. i think something in the code that runtime doesnt like. you gotta debug the best option i would say.

On 8 September 2011 12:51, codecodecodelame <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Ah doesnt appear to work with SP2010, at least for me. I click "load lists" and then select the list i want to use for the drop down and then i receive the following message:

Trying to use an SPWeb object that has been closed or disposed and is no longer valid.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CustomFieldControls@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email CustomFieldControls@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 8, 2011 at 9:24 PM

ah well, I am no programmer.

Maybe the developer will issue an update which is 2010 compatible.

if i find an alternate solution i will post back here.