How do I edit the code in Visual Studio

Aug 28, 2009 at 5:38 AM

Hi,

I am new to coding. please give instructions as how can i edit the code. I have opened the project in visual studio 2008 and when i try to build the project intailly i got the error that reference to "CoolStuffs.Sharepoint.Constants" assembly is missing with a yellow icon on the reference. and all the errors related to the reference came up, i looked at this article http://davidhayden.com/blog/dave/archive/2008/01/29/VisualStudio2008ResolvingNamespacesRemovingUnusedUsingStatementsTip.aspx  where i needed to use Ctl+Alt+O to remove that error and finally was able to successfully build the code.

now the issue is to deploy this solution. as i have visual studio 208 running on the development server i should be able to directly depoly this solution on to the development server, but i am completely helpless to get the proper instructions as to how do i proceed further and deploy the latest code file on to my develeopment server. please guide me in right directions. much appriciate your help.  thanks.

Coordinator
Aug 28, 2009 at 7:19 AM
Hi Naresh,
The spectrum of the statement "I am new to coding" seems to be relatively huge from the problems that you are facing. I guess, I, or for that matter any one, here is not taking any online taught courses for .NET/SharePoint Development.
Back then when i passed from college and was at your position, I only believed this one thing called MSDN for any MS based development.
I can tell you for sure that you'll atleast start off with your development refering MSDN.

2009/8/28 nareshveeragoni <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi,

I am new to coding. please give instructions as how can i edit the code. I have opened the project in visual studio 2008 and when i try to build the project intailly i got the error that reference to "CoolStuffs.Sharepoint.Constants" assembly is missing with a yellow icon on the reference. and all the errors related to the reference came up, i looked at this article http://davidhayden.com/blog/dave/archive/2008/01/29/VisualStudio2008ResolvingNamespacesRemovingUnusedUsingStatementsTip.aspx  where i needed to use Ctl+Alt+O to remove that error and finally was able to successfully build the code.

now the issue is to deploy this solution. as i have visual studio 208 running on the development server i should be able to directly depoly this solution on to the development server, but i am completely helpless to get the proper instructions as to how do i proceed further and deploy the latest code file on to my develeopment server. please guide me in right directions. much appriciate your help.  thanks.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CustomFieldControls@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email CustomFieldControls@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 28, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Hi maiden,

thanks for the suggestion. definitly the MSDN is a most reliable source for developing the applications, i was hoping there are some common steps in going forword with this specific code as many developers seems to be implementing it successfully and were able to make changes. i am sure there is no proper documentation for sharepoint development all we lke new to sharepoint have to depend up on the articles and blogs that are written by guys like you.. i just wish  MSDN could explain the sharepoint development with good examples.. thanks anyways.

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 12:19 AM, maiden123 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Naresh,
The spectrum of the statement "I am new to coding" seems to be relatively huge from the problems that you are facing. I guess, I, or for that matter any one, here is not taking any online taught courses for .NET/SharePoint Development.
Back then when i passed from college and was at your position, I only believed this one thing called MSDN for any MS based development.
I can tell you for sure that you'll atleast start off with your development refering MSDN.

2009/8/28 nareshveeragoni <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi,

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (CustomFieldControls@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email CustomFieldControls@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Coordinator
Aug 29, 2009 at 7:45 AM
MSDN has great stuff getting updated on weekly basis. SDk itself can cover almost 80% of sharepoint development plus the blogs and community content gives more information then you can gulp at a time.