View Parent/Child Drop down into Word2007 Server Properties Panel as LookUp

Feb 2, 2009 at 4:06 PM
By adding this code into xml file 

<Field Name="AllowBaseTypeRendering">TRUE</Field>

I can view Parent/Child DropDown controls into Word2007 Server Properties Panel as Text field.

How can I view as a LookUp field ?

I've tried to change the xml from

<Field Name="ParentType">Text</Field>

to

<Field Name="ParentType">Lookup</Field>

but it doesn't work

thanks to all 

Feb 25, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Hi Lambu,

Were you able to get this solved by any chance?  I used the same solution that you're using and it works fine when i'm uploading a document.  However, when i go to edit the document, my dropdown custom field box is gray out that said "Edit property on server".  Can you help me?

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:05 AM
At the moment I've not any solution.

I think technically it's possible but maybe it's necessary to change the sourcecode of this custom field and I'm not able to do this.

I'm quite sure of that because other custom LookUp field work properly into Word, for example.
Mar 4, 2009 at 7:23 PM
I was just looking into this myself, but haven't found a solution yet.  This seems to be the one limitation of this feature that I've come across (at least for how we're using it).
Mar 4, 2009 at 7:30 PM
Edited Mar 4, 2009 at 7:30 PM
If it can be usefull, I've tried this other kind of custom field lookup http://www.codeplex.com/lookupwithpicker  without parent-child functionality and it doesn't have this problem.

bye bye
Mar 4, 2009 at 7:38 PM
Thanks, I will take a look.
Coordinator
Mar 20, 2009 at 5:36 PM
the field type attribute value is the value of the field. You cannot write LOOKUP.. or TEXT or anything from out-of-the-box values. they are already reserved for existing ones... are'nt they?
try giving the field name of the control.

secondly,
there are hell lot of controls out there now.. why bamboo is even selling them... mine is an age old thing and the FIRST OF THIS KIND