Problem while installing CustomFieldControls web part !

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Hi,

Please can you help me to deploy correctly the customfieldcontrols web part: In fact, I installed this web part by launching Setup.exe. But in the end of the installation process I've got the following error message:

"This solution contains resources scoped for a Web application and must be deployed to one or more Web applications... ".

So, based on what I have read in some internet articles, the installation has been well executed, while the deployment didn't take place. So, I used the "Central Administration" interface to deploy this solution manually by going to "Operations->Solution Management" section, then I selected CustomFieldControls web part, then I clicked on "Deploy Solution". Well, it seems that the deployment has been done because the status of the web part has been changed to "Deployed".

Well, my problem now is that when I try to insert this web part in my sharepoint website page, I didn't find it in the list of available web parts ?? I checked for it in both locations:

" Site Setings -> Site Administration -> Site features" and "Site Setings -> Site Collection Administration -> Site Collection features".

Please, what can be the problem?

May 20, 2010 at 6:20 PM
I got the same error while installing :/
May 26, 2010 at 10:38 AM

and me...

had to repair after removing, got error when starting up Central Administration